Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

I have registered my child for encampment but have not heard anything back. Should I be worried?

Upon completing the registration form for Tri-Wing Encampment, you should receive a copy of your completed form via e-mail. This serves as confirmation that your application was received. We expect that this year’s encampment will fill very quickly, and are targeting June 18 for publicizing the acceptance list and wait list based on the priority list. You still must submit all paperwork before your cadet is officially accepted to the Encampment (target for paperwork received is 1 July). Those applications with incomplete paperwork are not guaranteed slotting. Any questions can be addressed to the Admin/Personnel officer through the Contact Us page. 

I have submitted the registration form. What else do I need to do to complete my cadet’s application?

The Required Forms tab has an easy step by step list of all required tasks. In general, the 3 items required for a complete application are the registration form, the required forms, and complete payment.

How can I obtain financial aid for my child? 

Financial aid for Encampment is available via the Cadet Encampment Assistance Program (CEAP). The details on this program can be found on the National Website. Interested applicants should apply using E-Services. 

Where can I get the required packing list supplies? 

They can be found in the Tri-Wing Pre-Encampment Guide

Will my child have to take showers with other children? 

The showers at camp are attached to the dorm with individual stalls with curtains.  Cadet students will be expected to use these single gender showers. All efforts will be made to ensure privacy in moving to and from showers.

Is there anyway to contact my child throughout the week of encampment? 

There is no way for you to contact your child during encampment. If there is a family emergency please contact us at or by the duty phone number listed in the Pre-Encampment Guide. If your child has an emergency while at encampment, we will contact you through the emergency contacts listed on your child’s health forms. 

When is graduation? What does it entail? 

Graduation is currently planned the last evening of encampment. The graduation parade will occur on base and those attending are encouraged to bring lawn chairs as there is limited seating. Please see the Pre-Encampment Guide under the Resources tab to find the address and more instructions. 

What should I do if I find out my child can no longer attend Encampment?

Cadets who are unable to attend the Tri-Wing Encampment for any reason must submit a withdrawal request in writing to the personnel officer. This withdrawal request must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the start of the Encampment in order to receive a full refund. Any withdrawals that occur within 2 weeks of the start of Encampment will not receive a refund, except in extreme cases. If one believes they are deserving of a refund, an explanation must be submitted in writing to the Encampment commander within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the Tri-Wing Encampment. The Encampment Commander has final say in determining refunds.

What happens if I accidentally double pay by submitting PayPal/Check payment before applying for and receiving CEAP funds?

If a cadet pays for Tri-Wing Encampment via PayPal or check and subsequently applies for and receives Cadet Encampment Assistance Program (CEAP) funds, they should alert the personnel officer to request a refund.

© 2022 Civil Air Patrol. All rights reserved.